Friday, February 25, 2011

The News We've Been Waiting For!!!

It is with much joy and excitement that I can announce:  WE HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY APPROVED AS THE ADOPTIVE FAMILY OF DJ!  We got a call this morning from our social worker with the good news.  Thankfully the kids were all home from school and we had friends over so it was a joyous celebration!  I made many phone calls passing along our exciting news to many and there were lots of tears of joy and thanksgiving. 
The paperwork is in the state and it will just be a bit until it arrives in our city so we can officially sign.  I asked our social worker to get details of how and when we can contact DJ and tell her we are her new family.  Hope to hear word yet this afternoon.  Unfortunately it is the weekend in the Philippines already so we may have to wait a couple of days.  I will keep you posted though. . . our dream is to Skype with her when we tell her but not sure all of the tech is in place and not sure I want to wait until any longer than necessary.
Thanks for sharing in our excitedment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment