Today was a day of great surprises. I went to the mailbox and as usual, immediately looked for a large 8.5x11 size envelope that most important papers have been arriving in but no such luck. I threw the mail on the island and as I turned to unload my stuff from the car I looked down and saw a regular sized envelope with the return address we have been waiting 11 months to arrive!! It was the final piece of paper we have been waiting for - permission from our government to adopt DJ. A few minutes later when I was on the phone telling my husband the exciting news another call came in the other line. I clicked over and we got another bit of great news - our oldest son is going to be able to accompany us on our trip to get our daughter. There had been some hiccups with a summer class he wants to take but now it is all taken care of.
Now we just wait for DJ's agency to tell us when we can come to pick her up. We have been told to expect about 4-6 weeks. It seems like we have been waiting for so long but now that a potential date is out there is seems so soon!
We have also been able to video conference with DJ twice now. Both times we talked for over an hour. It is so wonderful for all of us to chat. We gave her a tour of our house and she was just glued to the monitor taking everything in. It was fun to see her reaction to everything. DJ made a big, beautiful poster for me for Mother's Day and sang us a beautiful song about the journey that life can take you. Such a special day!
Thanks for sharing in our excitement!
No comments:
Post a Comment